Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What We're Reading This Week

Me - I've just finished reading All Quiet on the Western Front. Late to come to a classic, I know. Distressing and lyrical at the same time. Next I'll either read Birdsong or Regeneration, depending on what's on the library shelf.

Snowy - assorted Asterix books being read to him. Reading an Aussie Nibbles story called Jamie Spy and the Great Cookie Mystery. It should really be called the Great Biscuit Mystery, but anyhow...

Arwen and Lucy - finishing off the final four books in A Series of Unfortunate Events. I find them Amusing but Unbearably Gloomy. The girls find them Hilarious. Lucy is also reading a book I picked up at the library yesterday called Remembrance by Theresa Breslin, set in the Great War. And we're still reading Great Expectations.


It's funny, but it's only reading Dickens aloud that is letting me really see how fine a writer he is, by slowing me down and making me pay attention to the words, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment