Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Dream in Which I Fail To Take my Poetry Seriously

Last night, before I went to sleep, I asked my subconscious to please allow me a dream of the the animal whom I should write about in my next Zoo stanza. Thinking tragic, majestic, poetic. Thinking Rilke.

Goldfish. That's what I dreamed about. Trying to keep two goldfish alive in my bra - bowls and Tupperware being unavailable, apparently - by pouring water into it.  Pleasingly, I not only managed to keep the fish alive; one of them even gave birth to a little goldfish. Touching.

Ape, eagle...goldfish ? I don't think so.




2 comments:

  1. Or a dream in which you succeed in having fun with poetry.
    May be about the life giving goodness of what is in your bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish live in the subconscious. What a fabulous dream. Piscean, moons, tides, breasts.
    Magnificent! Go with it!

    ReplyDelete