Saturday, December 10, 2011

Homeschool Reverb #11 - The Zombie Project

My zombie project of 2011 is particularly shameful, seeing as how I did all the planning and most of the purchasing for this project nine months ahead of time.

However, instead of a Term 4 glorious flowering of interest, knowledge and admiration for Picasso, complete with biographies, art lessons and unit studies, everyone has simply said things like "I already know about Picasso and his phases." and "He's the dude who painted Guernica." and "Do I have to ?"

The exhibition is on until March. I imagine I will find the initiative to drag us off - us meaning minus Snowy - to see it before it ends. It takes around 12 minutes on the train to get there. We will make it. I think.

1 comment:

  1. If you get to the exhibit, I hope you'll tell us about it. I find that actual art viewed in person has different psychological weight than a picture of the same work on the internet or in a book.

    ReplyDelete